Blot's simplicity is useful, but
I am pretty confused at this point. On one hand, I do not think there is any other platform that offers a “publishing” flow as simple as blot. However on the other, I am not sure what all is involved if I have to go full in — use blot as my primary website. To start with, just noting down few clear-cut drawbacks (true at least as of now).
- Secure HTTPS support
- Posting from office, without micropub
- Available themes are very basic, may need too much customisation
- Doesn’t seem to have an easy way to separate posts
- Handling different types of posts - like, reply, repost.
- Indieweb support, primarily micropub, webmentions and microsub is going to be tricky.
- Dropbox APIs with micropub is an open question